Thursday, March 15, 2007

Back Again

I know, I've been very lax again, but I do think I have been a little crazy with trips and family things. For those of you who know me well, I will just note that my grandmother, who I grew up living next to and to whom I was almost her youngest child, died in mid-February. While not totally surprising (she was 96 and in a care facility), it was rather sudden. This happend in the middle of a 3.5 week trip to Houston, Maine, and Japan. I was in Houston when I got the call, missed Spa in Maine, and joined DH in Japan for 5 days between the death arrangements and the memorial service. It was a lovely memorial service, and after the weekend that it took place, I pulled a few things together and flew to northern England to attend the Skip North Knitting (and shopping) Getaway. After the week in the UK (side trip to Colinette in Wales), I'm back home for 2 days now.

Whew!

I have photos and stories from both of the big trips, and will be posting them soon, but I did just want to check in and say that I'm well and knitting - more about that to come. I also did some stash acquisition on both trips, as well as some wheel de-acquisition and acquisition - now there's a teaser, right?

So check back in a day or two, and there'll be posts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wye Sue said...

Glad you got home ok, good to meet you and sorry I *made* you go to Colinette ;-)

3:13 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

It was lovely to meet you at Skipnorth, Shelia. Good to know you are safe home.

Thanks for the spinning lesson - you may have started something....

Warm wishes

Jane (probably)

6:27 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Shelia,

So sorry about your Grandmother.

Looking forward to see what you have been buying and knitting.

Suzanne

6:51 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger PURLEWE said...

wow.. you are such a tease. I look forward to hearing MUCH much more.

hugs

10:39 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Marfa's Mewsings said...

Welcome back to blogworld, honey bun.
Looking forward to more knitting, spinning & travel news along w/those photos ^..^
Thanks for sharing what's been going on for you - sorry, again, about your g'mother.
XOXO

10:27 AM, March 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home